Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our first experience taking a taxi

Before I arrived in Korea, I know I am going to take a taxi there...
So before I departed for Korea, I went to youtube to search for some videos on "How to take a taxi"
hahahaha..

Where should I catch a taxi?  택시 어디서 타요? (taxi ordisor tayo)
How much is the taxi fare? 요금 얼마예요? (yogeum elmayeyo)

Our first experience taking a taxi
was at the seoul station on 03/02/2012 around 00:30am. So early right? haha.
We queued up and waited in the cold. It was -17 degrees celsius. Can you believe it? Just 12 hours ago, we were in a sunny (and humid) city with a temperature of 27 degrees celsius.

When it was our turn, we bought the taxi. The driver had a super long hair, at first I thought he was a woman. I think he asked where we wanted to go several times in Korean because I kept hearing the two words "어디" in the sentences he said. hahaha..
So I took out the address of the hotel and read the address to him in a heavily Singaporean accented korean.. and obviously he couldn't understand me. So I handed over the address to him.
He squinted and took out his glasses to read the address. After several minutes, he still could not figure out the address of the hotel. I guess his longsightedness is quite serious.

Fortunately, my friend had the map of the hotel.
With the help of the map, the GPS and after receiving several honks from other drivers, the taxi driver finally brought us to the right place. haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment